DAL Food is committed to the pursuit of excellence in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment in carrying out its business activities to create value to its stakeholders. Thus, DAL Food OHSE policy is abide to:
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements of the Republic of Sudan, as well as to the requirements to which DAL Food industry subscribes, such as the International standards ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, as well as to the performance standards and OHSE guidelines for environmental and social sustainability of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Bank Group (WBG) and AfDB.
- Maintain an OHSE Management System that defines relevant responsibilities and accountabilities at management, employees and contractors’ levels.
- Identify and assess all work-related risks and environmental aspects and implement proactive measures to control such risks by using appropriate control measures.
- Mitigate potential risks from project design phase, through construction and operation phases of DAL Food facilities order to protects its employees, contractors and local communities, and minimize the impact to the environment through Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and the appropriate implementation.
- Consider the principles of sustainable development and sound environmental practices in planning and conducting its business, with emphasis to water and energy conservation programs and waste management.
- Developing OHSE competency for DAL Food employees through the promotion of OHSE trainings, awareness and encourage worker participation and consultation.
- Provide resources, adequate information, instructions and supervision for employees and contractors to proactively manage OHSE.
- Develop and implement a management plan to meet the minimum requirements of workers’ welfare facilities
- Review the systems, controls and processes at regular intervals to ensure OHSE compliance is maintained at all times.
- Ensure emergency preparedness at DAL Food facilities to deal with any emergency situation or crisis.
- Implement this policy through a comprehensive plan with measurable goals and objectives and with monitoring and analyzing performance against the plans.
- Remain committed to the continual improvement and updating of the above mentioned OHSE Management Systems and guidelines.
DAL Food expects that everyone within the Company recognizes their personal responsibility for upholding our OHSE values. DAL Food management will ensure that our employees, contractors and subcontractors fully understand this policy and are active in promoting OHSE culture.